Here’s a follow up on the last post of Anna @BedlamPaintball about the stuff to bring on a paintball weekend.
Last time I talked about What to Bring on a Paintball Weekend, so the girls and I went on our trip and it was a whole lot of fun.. It went on smooth and perfect because we have all the stuff we need. However, I learned a lot of stuff on this trip. So, I put another list of stuff to bring and not bring on our next paintball trip to make it even more amazing. Check out my list below.
May Want to Take
- Smoke bombs
- Paintball grenade
- Small binoculars
- Tactical vest
- Fishing line (for tripwires)
- Fire crackers (for diversionary tactics) – check with field personnel first
- Laser perimeter warning device
- Paintball pistol
- Megaphone/loudspeaker – very useful
- Cell phone for emergencies, but leave it in your car
- If you are under 18 years of age, assign Power of Attorney to someone in your group (get it notarized before you leave home)
- Extra paintballs unless for practice only (most events require field paint to be purchased at the event; check with field personnel)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Illegal and mood-altering drugs
- Firearms (including BB guns)
- Unauthorized equipment and pyrotechnics
- Negative attitude (if you have a bad temper or you’re intolerant, a poor sport, a sore loser, a whiner or a complainer, please stay home!)
A Few Final Recommendations
- Clearly label everything you bring!
- Organize your gear or you’ll spend half your time looking for stuff. Divide items into separate bags: one with clothes, one with special gear/equipment, one with extras of everything!
- Don’t bring your best, most expensive marker to a scenario game…it will get beaten up for sure.
- When you first arrive get oriented and look for landmarks. You don’t want to get lost during the game!
- Do as much before the game starts as possible: get your gear organized, chronograph your marker, fill your tanks, buy paint balls, etc.